Microsoft releases version 95.0.1011.1 of the Edge Dev channel that lets you hide PiP overlay controls
Microsoft today released the new v95.0.1011.1 build for Edge Dev channel users. This new version offers the ability to hide the picture-in-picture overlay control, something some IE users find annoying.
Find the full Edge Dev Channel version changelog below:
- Added the ability to hide the Extensions button by clicking on it with the right mouse button in the address bar or in the menu….
- Added a setting on Mac to hide picture-in-picture overlay controls.
- Feature deployments completed:
- Enabled by default enhancements to Windows Task Manager when running on Windows 11.
- Enabled by default the possibility to automatically fill in the personalized data.
- Added support for natural voices to read aloud on Android.
- Activation of the Surf game on Android.
- Management policies (note that updates to administrative models or documentation may not have taken place yet):
- Added policies to set an adjustment to the opening width of the Internet Explorer integration window and an adjustment to the opening height of the Internet Explorer integration window, which add additional pixels to the size of pop-up windows opened from IE mode tabs.
- Added policy to control if visual search is enabled, which controls reverse image search.
- Added policy to control phantom battery crash cancellation behavior, which controls whether the hardware-enforced battery protection safety feature in some devices should be enabled after a crash that is triggered by it this.
- Support enabled for Chromium’s policy to control whether blocking of browser legacy extension points is enabled, which controls whether legacy extensions are allowed to load code into the main browser process to ensure compatibility with d ‘other applications.
- Added support for frameless merging in IE mode tabs.
- Added support for navigator.share API in PWAs on Mac OS.
- Fixed crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash on startup when certain extensions are installed.
- Fixed a crash when changing profiles.
- Fixed a crash when changing language in settings.
- Fixed a crash when connecting to a website.
- Fixed a crash when using Smart Copy.
- Fixed a crash when using Application Guard.
- Fixed an issue where tabs would sometimes crash with a breakpoint error.
- Fixed a crash when closing PWAs or websites installed as apps.
- Fixed a crash when using stacked scroll bars.
- Fixed a crash when saving autofill information through a pop-up window.
- Fixed an issue where the browser is empty and unusable when opened on a desktop other than the default one.
- Fixed an issue where the browser would not open.
- Fixed a crash when logging into the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing tabs.
- Fixed a crash when adding a favorite.
- Fixed a crash when using the SwiftKey keyboard.
- Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed a crash when using the Guided Switch in InPrivate mode.
- Fixed a crash when using Citrix.
- Reduced the number of single validation fields that AutoFill tries to fill with previous results.
- Fixed an issue where AutoComplete was not working where it should.
- Fixed an issue where some videos would not play in HD / 4K when they should.
- Fixed an issue where navigations would sometimes never end when using Family Safety.
- Fixed an issue where read aloud commands would sometimes not work.
- Fixed an issue on Linux where the Collections pane sometimes could not be opened.
- Fixed an issue where collections are sorted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the button to close a tab was sometimes not visible when the Vertical Tabs pane is too narrow.
- Fixed an issue where spell checking would sometimes trigger even when turned off.
- Fixed an issue where Smart Copy copies more than what is selected.
- Fixed an issue where debug.log files would sometimes appear mysteriously on the device.
- Fixed an issue where the different History menu headers would not display the correct sections when clicked.
- Fixed an issue where single sign-on no longer worked.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes logging in to the browser would not activate sync as well.
- Fixed an issue where the browser could be logged in with the same account multiple times.
- Fixed an issue on iOS where the browser connection fails.
- Fixed an issue where a connection error was displayed in settings even though there was no error.
- Fixed an issue on Android where autofill sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where images would sometimes not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue on iOS where some web page resources would sometimes not load.
- Fixed an issue on iOS where some pop-ups would close as soon as they were opened.
- Fixed an issue where links that open in new tabs sometimes close or come back as soon as they are opened.
- Fixed an issue in WebView2 applications where flickering appears (Number 1621).
- Fixed an issue where pop-ups opened from IE mode tabs are sometimes scaled incorrectly.
- Obsolete the management policy to control whether cookie behavior inherited from the same site is enabled.
- Users of some ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube. As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to continue. See this help article for more details.
- Some users still encounter an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error. The most common cause of this error is outdated security software or anti-virus software from vendors like Symantec, and in these cases updating this software will fix it.
- Sometimes Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have installed the associated extension may see web pages such as Gmail not loading. This failure is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated and therefore is corrected by ensuring that the latest version is installed.
- Some users are still seeing bookmarks duplicated. This issue should be reduced now that automatic deduplication has been introduced in Insider channels, but we are still deploying it in Stable. We’ve also seen duplications happen when running Manual Deduplicator on multiple machines before either machine has a chance to fully sync their changes, so make sure to allow plenty of time. between runs of the deduplicator.
- Some users experience “jitter” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touch screens, where scrolling in one dimension also results in subtle page scrolling in the other. Note that this only affects certain websites and appears to be worse on some devices. This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy behavior, so if this behavior is unwanted you can temporarily disable it by disabling the edge flag: // flags / # edge -experimental-scrolling.
This Edge Dev channel update must be downloaded and installed directly, but if not, you can go to Edge settings and manually update the browser.